Connecting Access Database

Krish

Hi Friends,

Does anyone know how to connect access database into Visual C++ in
Visual Studio 6.0. I know the procedure to connect access database
into Visual Studio .Net. But Visual Studio 6.0 is more complicted
than .Net. Can someone help me pls?

Thanks

Krish

JKop

Krish posted:
Hi Friends,

Does anyone know how to connect access database into Visual C++ in
Visual Studio 6.0. I know the procedure to connect access database
into Visual Studio .Net. But Visual Studio 6.0 is more complicted
than .Net. Can someone help me pls?

Thanks

Krish

I'm assuming you can programme in C++, yes?

Well... how do you do anything in C++?. . . Header files and source files...
or alternatively, header files and object files.

So... you need to get your hands on the particular library that deals with
Access Databases, which will most likely be in the form of Header files and
Object files. Then you just do:

#include "accessdatabasesheader.hpp"

int main()
{
Database my_database("c:\\blah.ext");

my_database.GetRecord( ...

It's a common misconception that C++ is "more difficult" than Visual Basic
and the like. It has much greater power, flexibility, capability; which to
be mastered has to be learned, and so this may give the impression of
difficult, but once you know what you're doing, it's easy as pie!

Did I mention you're off-topic? Databases have nothing to do with the C++
language itself! That's all we talk about here, C++ as a programming
language.

-JKop

Victor Bazarov

Krish said:
Does anyone know how to connect access database into Visual C++ in
Visual Studio 6.0. I know the procedure to connect access database
into Visual Studio .Net. But Visual Studio 6.0 is more complicted
than .Net. Can someone help me pls?

Somebody in a Windows newsgroup or in Visual C++ newsgroup or in
a database programming newsgroup should be able to help. This is
a C++ _language_ newsgroup and your problem doesn't appear to be
of the language sort, besides, it cannot be solved using standard
C++ means which don't include connectivity to any databases.

Phlip

Krish said:
Does anyone know how to connect access database into Visual C++ in
Visual Studio 6.0. I know the procedure to connect access database
into Visual Studio .Net. But Visual Studio 6.0 is more complicted
than .Net. Can someone help me pls?

How long did you spend with www.google.com looking for any of the thousands
of sample programs that do this before posting here?

This newsgroup is only qualified to discuss platform-neutral C++ things. If
you really can't find ADO samples, posting to a narrower technical newsgroup
will work much better.