Connecting MS Exchange Data and SQL Server via ASP?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Richard Morey, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    Our company currently has a SQL Server 2000 database with various client
    information, accessed through an ASP driven intranet.

    We also use Exchange 2000 and a shared contacts folder. Many of the contacts
    are also in the SQL Db and when we get a new client, information is often
    entered in both places.

    What I would like to figure out how to do, hopefully via ASP is create a
    user-defined field in the shared contacts which is their recordid in the SQL
    db and then be able to grab info from Exchange where needed so we would not
    have address & telephone numbers in both Exchange and the SQL db...

    I've done a little research on using MAPI with ASP but most of what I've
    found relates to sending mail, not to working with shared contacts.

    Does anyone have any guidance on how I might proceed with this project?

    Thanks,

    Rich

    Richard Morey, Feb 5, 2004