Connecting to a proccess through a port using C++

Discussion in 'C++' started by John Camp, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. John Camp

    John Camp Guest

    Hey, I don't know much more than the basics of C++, and I've been
    trying to write a program that will let me connect to an actual
    proccess through a port. The thing is, I don't just want to know if
    the port is open, but if there is actually a program on the other end
    to connect to.

    The reason I need to know this is because I want to create a program
    that will see if a game server is running (a game without any master
    servers or anything else to find out if the server program is running.

    Also, although I could get this part on my own, I want to be able to
    do either just one or many IPs at the same time (all use the same
    port), and then output them to a text file in the format IP - 1/0 (for
    connected/couldn't connect).

    And help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

    Oh, also, this was rejected from the moderated board because of being
    off-topic. If anyone knows of a good networking board to post this on, that
    would be great too. Thanks!

    John Camp, Jul 11, 2003

  2. John Camp

    John Camp Guest

    Alright, thanks for clearing that up and for the board recommendation.

    John Camp, Jul 11, 2003