Connecting to a proccess through a port using C++

John Camp

Hey, I don't know much more than the basics of C++, and I've been
trying to write a program that will let me connect to an actual
proccess through a port. The thing is, I don't just want to know if
the port is open, but if there is actually a program on the other end
to connect to.

The reason I need to know this is because I want to create a program
that will see if a game server is running (a game without any master
servers or anything else to find out if the server program is running.

Also, although I could get this part on my own, I want to be able to
do either just one or many IPs at the same time (all use the same
port), and then output them to a text file in the format IP - 1/0 (for
connected/couldn't connect).

And help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Oh, also, this was rejected from the moderated board because of being
off-topic. If anyone knows of a good networking board to post this on, that
would be great too. Thanks!