Connecting to a simply accounting database

spiritedSmile

Hi,

I would like to write ASP code to create a custom report for a simply
accounting database. The databse is saved with a .sdb extension. I am
able to access the data via access or excel so I should be able to
connect to it with ASP code. Does anyone know how?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Hi,

I would like to write ASP code to create a custom report for a simply
accounting database. The databse is saved with a .sdb extension. I
am able to access the data via access or excel so I should be able to
connect to it with ASP code. Does anyone know how?

What have you tried?
I'm not sure what level of experience you have. Do you know how to use an
ADO Connection object?
If not, do a search ove at www.aspfaq.com for examples of using ADO to
connect to databases.
If so, it's simply a matter of using the appropriate connection string.

Mike Brind

Hi,

I would like to write ASP code to create a custom report for a simply
accounting database. The databse is saved with a .sdb extension. I am
able to access the data via access or excel so I should be able to
connect to it with ASP code. Does anyone know how?

That's a Sage product isn't it? From what I can recall, the only way
to connect to a Sage database is to buy one of their proprietory
drivers (which I seem to remember ain't cheap).

However, you say you are able to access the data via Access or Excel?
Do you mean you can export to those apps, or can you actually open the
..sdb file from within Access and use Access as the front end for the
database? If the latter, then the Access connection string is the one
you want to use from the list offered by Bob.