Connecting to a web service that using Integrated Windows security

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by TheNortonZ, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. TheNortonZ

    TheNortonZ Guest

    I have a web service that will be used internally to our company that is
    setup for integrated security. I connect to it on my local machine like
    this:

    WeatherClient.localhost.WeatherService svc = new
    Weatherclient.localhost.WeatherService();

    svc.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

    WeatherData info = svc.GetWeather(this.CityTextBox.ToString());

    If I have both the client and web service on my machine, no problems, but
    when the client is on a different machine I get this error:

    HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires
    authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is
    denied.

    I have even gone as far as setting myself up as an administrator on the web
    service machine just to see if it makes a difference. Could this be a
    problem with the ASPNet account?

    Thanks.

    Norton
    TheNortonZ, Sep 22, 2004