    which can guide to connect and execute my query. hopes u understood
    what i meant to say.
    thanks in advance

    varun chadha, Jul 1, 2008

  2. varun chadha

    teebes Guest

    On Jul 1, 9:35 am, varun chadha <> wrote:
    > i am a newbie to python and is working on an application which needs
    > to connect to the database. can anyone guide me through the DBMS that
    > i can use and the module to connect to it. currently i have MySQL
    > installed using the link on the python.org site but is unable to
    > connect to it through python. pls specify the link  to the tutorials
    > which can guide to connect and execute my query. hopes u understood
    > what i meant to say.
    > thanks in advance

    mysql-python is probably your best bet for MySQL databases
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/

    As far as tutorials are concerned, the presentation linked in this
    page is very good, given by the creator of the interface Andy Dustman:
    http://bogdan.org.ua/2007/09/07/mysql-python-good-mysqldb-tutorial-examples.html
    (scroll down to page 7 for the stuff on MySQL).

    - Teebes

    teebes, Jul 1, 2008