Connecting to FTP server using WinInet

Shweta

Hi,
I am trying to connect to esatblish FTP connection using WinInet
APIs.I am on LAN connecting via proxy to internet.

First call InternetOpen() is fine, however the call to
InternetConnect() return error 'The server name could not be
resolved'.I have tried accessing the same site through IE and it works
fine.Also the proxy server 'sproxyname' is correct.
The code snippet is as shown below,

HINTERNET hSession;
hSession = InternetOpen("Microsoft Internet Explorer",
INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY ,sproxyname, NULL, INTERNET_FLAG_ASYNC);
if (hSession)
{
HINTERNET hService;
hService = InternetConnect(hSession, "ftp.microsoft.com",
INTERNET_DEFAULT_FTP_PORT, NULL, NULL,
INTERNET_SERVICE_FTP, 0, 0);
}
Please if anybody can help me out in this.

Thanks in advance.

lallous

Shweta said:
[...]

Wrong news group, try microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks