Connecting to internet..

Paras Sharma

Hi all,

this is a query more than a problem.
I have a task in hand, whose scenario is as follows.

i have a window application, using a button on which (say 'upload' or
'download') i need to connect to internet and then open my abcd.aspx page to
process the text file passed..

The problem is not in sending or fetching the file or to process it, but the
problem is the first step.

If the client is not connected to the internet at the moment he presses the
button, my application is suppossed to connect to the internet directly.. it
means no processig window of the conecting application (say the one which is
installed to connect to internet) should be opened..

how to even begin with this i am not clear..

pls help!

thanks & regards
Paras

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

Hi,

The thing is that "connect to the internet" is not a clear thing,
basically your question should be how do I establish a connection to the
remote machine, depending of where the remote machine is and where the local
machine is you have to select what to do.

You can dial a RAS connection if the local machine has a modem , do a
search in the archives by RAS , you will find several managed implementation
of the API.

cheers,