Connecting to internet..

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Paras Sharma, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Paras Sharma

    Paras Sharma Guest

    Hi all,

    this is a query more than a problem.
    I have a task in hand, whose scenario is as follows.

    i have a window application, using a button on which (say 'upload' or
    'download') i need to connect to internet and then open my abcd.aspx page to
    process the text file passed..

    The problem is not in sending or fetching the file or to process it, but the
    problem is the first step.

    If the client is not connected to the internet at the moment he presses the
    button, my application is suppossed to connect to the internet directly.. it
    means no processig window of the conecting application (say the one which is
    installed to connect to internet) should be opened..

    how to even begin with this i am not clear..

    pls help!

    thanks & regards
    Paras
    Paras Sharma, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Hi,

    The thing is that "connect to the internet" is not a clear thing,
    basically your question should be how do I establish a connection to the
    remote machine, depending of where the remote machine is and where the local
    machine is you have to select what to do.

    You can dial a RAS connection if the local machine has a modem , do a
    search in the archives by RAS , you will find several managed implementation
    of the API.

    cheers,

    --
    Ignacio Machin,
    ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us

    Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \), Mar 24, 2005