Connecting to JConsole Remote

Orson

I am trying to connect JConsole to remote process. I do not have
access to remote machine, but we can change the code. I cannot find
jmx connect string in the logs. Is there something I need to do in
code to output that string?

Or is there any other way to connect JConsole to remote process?

Peter D.

I am trying to connect JConsole to remote process. I do not have
access to remote machine, but we can change the code. I cannot find
jmx connect string in the logs. Is there something I need to do in
code to output that string?

Or is there any other way to connect JConsole to remote process?

First and foremost the JVM needs to have the jmxremote stuff loaded
like so:

java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999 \
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false \
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false \
com.example.Main

This enables remote connections via jmxrmi and can be connected to via
jconsole.

Joined
Aug 6, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
On May 27, 11:02*am, Orson <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am trying to connect JConsole to remote process. I do not have
> access to remote machine, but we can change the code. I cannot find
> jmx connect string in the logs. Is there something I need to do in
> code to output that string?
>
> Or is there any other way to connect JConsole to remote process?

First and foremost the JVM needs to have the jmxremote stuff loaded
like so:

java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999 \
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false \
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false \
com.example.Main

This enables remote connections via jmxrmi and can be connected to via
jconsole.

Hi,

I have started java application with passing JVM parameters as you refered above. In addition to this I have mentioned the hostname also. Please refer below
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.registry.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8088 -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.100.31 com.bd.applications.heatwave.HeatWaveApp

still I am not able to connect to jconsole using remote cotnnection. Please help me!
I am trying this since morning...:(