    jmx connect string in the logs. Is there something I need to do in
    code to output that string?

    Or is there any other way to connect JConsole to remote process?
    Orson, May 27, 2008

  2. Orson

    Peter D. Guest

    On May 27, 11:02 am, Orson <> wrote:
    > I am trying to connect JConsole to remote process. I do not have
    > access to remote machine, but we can change the code. I cannot find
    > jmx connect string in the logs. Is there something I need to do in
    > code to output that string?
    >
    > Or is there any other way to connect JConsole to remote process?

    First and foremost the JVM needs to have the jmxremote stuff loaded
    like so:

    java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999 \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false \
    com.example.Main

    This enables remote connections via jmxrmi and can be connected to via
    jconsole.
    Peter D., May 30, 2008

  3. Orson

    mayuri

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2012
    Messages:

    I have started java application with passing JVM parameters as you refered above. In addition to this I have mentioned the hostname also. Please refer below
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.registry.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8088 -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.100.31 com.bd.applications.heatwave.HeatWaveApp

    still I am not able to connect to jconsole using remote cotnnection. Please help me!
    I am trying this since morning...:(
    mayuri, Aug 6, 2012