Connecting to MS SQL Server 2000

jackster the jackle

I need to be able to querry the database on a Microsoft SQL Server 2000
from my Ruby script.

My only experience has been to connect to a MySQL database and I'm
hoping that someone from this august forum might be able to point me in
the right direction?

thanks

jack

rilindo foster

This may help. Its for 2005, though:

https://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/125915

--
Rilindo Foster
AOL Instant Messenger: rilindo

Scott Lillibridge

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM, jackster the jackle <
I need to be able to querry the database on a Microsoft SQL Server 2000
from my Ruby script.

My only experience has been to connect to a MySQL database and I'm
hoping that someone from this august forum might be able to point me in
the right direction?

thanks

jack
I have had good luck with the ODBC bindings here
http://www.ch-werner.de/rubyodbc/. The hardest part would be getting FreeTDS
setup and configured. Are you connecting from a non-Windows box to the SQL
Server?

Scott

David Mullet

jackster said:
I need to be able to querry the database on a Microsoft SQL Server 2000
from my Ruby script.

My only experience has been to connect to a MySQL database and I'm
hoping that someone from this august forum might be able to point me in
the right direction?

thanks

jack

I frequently use win32ole and ADO to query SQL Server 2000 databases
from a Windows machine.

http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/2007/03/ruby-ado-and-sqlserver.html

That won't help you if you're on a non-Windows box.

David