Connecting to MySQL 4.1.x from Ruby on Windows XP

John Wilger

Hello,

Is there a library available to allow connections to MySQL 4.1.x from
a Ruby install on a Windows XP machine? I don't have a C compiler on
this machine, so I'm looking for either a pure-ruby solution, or
pre-built binaries.

--
Regards,
John Wilger

-----------
Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

Joao Pedrosa

Hi,

Hello,

Is there a library available to allow connections to MySQL 4.1.x from
a Ruby install on a Windows XP machine? I don't have a C compiler on
this machine, so I'm looking for either a pure-ruby solution, or
pre-built binaries.

If ODBC is enough, I have connected to MySQL 4.1.x on Windows XP with
it. At the moment, with the changes in the mysql client library
(libclient.dll), I would say that ODBC is the easiest way to connect
to MySQL. :)

The Ruby installer includes the ODBC driver. The Ruby-ODBC site is at:
http://www.ch-werner.de/rubyodbc/

If you need further help, please ask.

Cheers,
Joao

Joao Pedrosa

If ODBC is enough, I have connected to MySQL 4.1.x on Windows XP with
it. At the moment, with the changes in the mysql client library
(libclient.dll), I would say that ODBC is the easiest way to connect
to MySQL. :)

Small correction. I meant libmysql.dll, instead of libclient.dll. Sorry.

John Wilger

If ODBC is enough, I have connected to MySQL 4.1.x on Windows XP with
it. At the moment, with the changes in the mysql client library
(libclient.dll), I would say that ODBC is the easiest way to connect
to MySQL. :)

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

--
Regards,