Connecting to Remote SQL Server

Hifni Shahzard

HI,
Uses: Windows XP professional, Winodws 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000, Visual
Studio 2003;

I'm trying to connect a Remote SQL Server which resides in my local area
network via my ASP.NET application, but I do get an Error web page saying:
"Login Failed for user'(null)'. Reason not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection". There's no problem in connecting to a local SQL Server,
although had the problem earlier but by giving the user ASPNET the rights for
access certain database it was Okay. By giving the user "sa" or others, yet I
can not access the Remote SQL Server. The way I'm accessing is as
follows(I've declared a global constant in Global.asax which available
through out my application):

Public Const DbString As String = "integrated
security=sspi;user=sa;password=xxx;initial catalog=dbsecurities;data
source=Remote"

Pls help me out with this by specifying what should I have to do.

Note: The Remote SQL Server resides in computer which has Windows 2000
Server and have installed .NET Framework 1.1. The local Computer is running
in Windows XP and have installed .NET Framework 1.1 as well.

Awaiting your response in anticipation.

Regards,

Hifni Shahzard

Now I do get an Error as "SQL Server does not exit or Access Denied". Is
there anything I've to do in the Server?(the Machine where windows 2000
server is installed. It's a Standalone server which is a member of our domain)

Khan Imran said:
try the same thing without integrated security=sspi;

Milos Milovanovic

You have to open port 1433 (or other port where your SQL server is) at
the computer where you SQL Server is, for computers in LAN. Go to
Control Panel/Windows Firewall/Exceptions/Add Port... and add that port.