    Thanks,

    Barry.

    , Jan 24, 2008

  2. On Jan 24, 9:44 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an sql server from which I'd like to read and write to. The
    > connection string is as follows -
    >
    > "Data Source=localhost\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=Test;Integrated
    > Security=True;Pooling=False"
    >
    > Other properties as they appear in Visual Studio 2005 include -
    >
    > Data Provider: .NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server
    > State: Open
    > Type: Microsoft SQL Server
    >
    > So my question is, how might I connect to my Test Catalog and update
    > data within its tables via perl,
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Barry.

    If you want to do this in Perl, then why are you asking on a Python
    list? In Python, there are many ways to accomplish this task. Take a
    look at SQLAlchemy, SQLObject, pymssql or the adodb package.

    http://pymssql.sourceforge.net/
    www.sqlalchemy.org
    http://www.sqlobject.org/
    http://phplens.com/lens/adodb/adodb-py-docs.htm

    Mike

    Mike Driscoll, Jan 24, 2008

    On 24 Jan, 17:16, Mike Driscoll <> wrote:
    > On Jan 24, 9:44 am, wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I have an sql server from which I'd like to read and write to. The
    > > connection string is as follows -

    > > "Data Source=localhost\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=Test;Integrated
    > > Security=True;Pooling=False"

    > > Other properties as they appear in Visual Studio 2005 include -

    > > Data Provider: .NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server
    > > State: Open
    > > Type: Microsoft SQL Server

    > > So my question is, how might I connect to my Test Catalog and update
    > > data within its tables via perl,

    > > Thanks,

    > > Barry.

    > If you want to do this in Perl, then why are you asking on a Python
    > list? In Python, there are many ways to accomplish this task. Take a
    > look at SQLAlchemy, SQLObject, pymssql or the adodb package.
    >
    > http://pymssql.sourceforge.net/www....tp://phplens.com/lens/adodb/adodb-py-docs.htm
    >
    > Mike- Dölj citerad text -
    >
    > - Visa citerad text -

    Woops, I ment Python...