Connecting to SQL Server

K.J. 44

What is the easiest way to connect to a SQL Server database? All I
want to do is pull data from one table and match it against some data
in a text file. All I need to do is run a simple select * from table
and then compare matched strings. I am used to connecting to databases
with PHP and VBScript for web development but this is my first attempt
using Perl (actually this is my first "useful" perl script)

Thanks for any help.