Connecting to SQLEXPRESS 2005 with an ASP web app

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rico, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Rico

    Rico Guest

    Hello,

    I have an ASP web app with an SQL back end. It's currently connecting to an
    SQL Server 2000 database
    using an ODBC DSN. I am currently migrating to a new Windows 2003 Server
    machine and
    SQL Server 2005 Express. As usual, the app doesn't connect right away, but
    I've gone through all the new
    Windows 2003 Server security issues and I'm able to get a normal ASP page to
    display. I can also connect
    to the SQLEXPRESS when I use visual studio or MS Access on a remote machine,
    even using the same ODBC
    DSN, but for some reason, I get an error when trying to access it though
    ASP.

    The error is;

    Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'NT
    AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

    I thought that sounded like the IUSR_MachineName user not being defined in
    teh db, but when I got to add that user, there is
    no IUSR_MachineName account available. Does anyone else have experience with
    this?

    Thanks!
    Rico, Jan 31, 2006