    So is there a kind sole out there that can help with instructions on what is
    needed to get python talking to MsSQL.

    jOHN

    John Fabiani, Feb 12, 2005

  2. John Fabiani

    Ed Leafe Guest

    Ed Leafe, Feb 12, 2005

  3. "John Fabiani" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    > I'm hoping someone on the list has connected to sybase/MsSQL with
    > something
    > that works with DBAPI 2.0 from a linux box (SUSE 9.2) because I can't seem
    > to get it done. I found Object Craft's python code that uses FreeTDS.
    > But
    > I can't get it compiled. The code is looking for "sybdb.h" (first
    > error) -
    > of course I don't have "sybdb.h". It is not in Object Crafts code nor in
    > the FreeTDS source. I'm guessing that I need sybase develop lib's but I
    > don't know where they are to be found.
    >
    > So is there a kind sole out there that can help with instructions on what
    > is
    > needed to get python talking to MsSQL.
    >
    > jOHN

    Use mxODBC?

    --

    Vincent Wehren

    vincent wehren, Feb 12, 2005
  4. John Fabiani

    Alan Kennedy Guest

    [John Fabiani]
    > I'm hoping someone on the list has connected to sybase/MsSQL with something
    > that works with DBAPI 2.0 from a linux box (SUSE 9.2) because I can't seem
    > to get it done. I found Object Craft's python code that uses FreeTDS. But
    > I can't get it compiled. The code is looking for "sybdb.h" (first error) -
    > of course I don't have "sybdb.h". It is not in Object Crafts code nor in
    > the FreeTDS source. I'm guessing that I need sybase develop lib's but I
    > don't know where they are to be found.

    Hmmm, google("sybdb.h source", submit="I'm feeling Lucky")

    lands on

    http://www.freetds.org/reference/a00337.html

    which has a GPL licence declaration on the top, so it seems that the
    FreeTDS have an OSS version available.

    If your compile is failing because it cannot find the file, perhaps you
    neglected to run "./configure" before starting the compile?

    http://www.freetds.org/userguide/config.htm

    > So is there a kind sole out there that can help with instructions on what is
    > needed to get python talking to MsSQL.

    Sorry, can't help you there, haven't used FreeTDS.

    But I hate to see questions being asked a *second* time without some
    form of reasonable answer .....

    As already mentioned by another poster, have you considered using ODBC?
    There are several python ODBC implementations.

    HTH,

    --
    alan kennedy
    email alan: http://xhaus.com/contact/alan