Connecting via SQLServer?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Blink, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Blink

    Blink Guest

    We have an ASP.NET application running on one machine, and a SQL Server on
    the other. Under development conditions the application runs fine, and can
    connect away to its heart's content, but when we deploy it we get connection
    issues. The exact error message we get is

    "SQL Server does not exist or access
    denied....System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or
    access denied. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteDataset(String
    connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText,
    SqlParameter[] commandParameters) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testdb\sqlhelper.cs:line 424 at
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteDataset(String
    connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testdb\sqlhelper.cs:line 403 at
    testdb.testdb.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testdb\testdb.aspx.cs:line "

    Has anyone seen this before? We know the connection string is correct, and
    that the server exists. The machines can ping each other. Does ASP.NET need
    to be given special data rights or anything like that? Do I need to set up a
    trusted connection between the two machines? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Blink, Jul 18, 2003