Connecting VS.NET to existing ASP.NET web

Guest

Hi all,

Very Basic Question here.

I can create new ASP.NET sites using VS.NET 2003 on my server, but for some reason I can't figure out how to connect to an existing web, when there isn't already a solution or project file. In the old Visual Studio 6, you could create a new solution, connect to an existing server, and "download" all the existing code into your new solution. How do I do that in VS.NET 2003?

In particular, I'm trying to connect to SharePoint Portal Server 2003, so that I can modify some of the server controls...I can create a new subweb, but I want to connect to the default web on a given port. For example: \\fooWeb:81

My portal responds fine to HTTP requests on that port and UNC path, and SharePoint seems to be installed and working just fine.

Thanks in Advance,
Mike

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Easiest method: Double click on the .csproj file on the web server and save
as a new project.

In cases where you do not have this option, there is a "Create project in
existing folder" project type that you can use. Specify an URL instead of a
folder and then include the files in your new project in VS.NET.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!