Connection aborted by peer

Discussion in 'Java' started by Gerald, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Gerald

    Gerald Guest

    Hi,

    I've got a client/server application that communicates via TCP. Once
    and a while, I'll get the following error: "Connection aborted by
    peer" when writing a response to some of the clients I have connected
    (I have a request/response protocol that they use). The odd thing is
    that this isn't a consistent issue. It doesn't seem to be load based
    but appears to be random.

    I'm running on a Win2k system using WebLogic v7.0 sp2. Its not an
    http issue at all (there is no http portion of my app) so I'm at kind
    of a loss. Any one have any ideas ? What exactly does "Connection
    aborted by peer" mean ? btw - the line of code it fails on is this:

    try
    {
    // aryToClient is a byte array
    objOutStream.write(aryToClient);
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
    System.err.println ("error writing to client is: " +
    e.getMessage());
    }

    Any ideas ?

    thanks,