Connection aborted by peer

Gerald

Hi,

I've got a client/server application that communicates via TCP. Once
and a while, I'll get the following error: "Connection aborted by
peer" when writing a response to some of the clients I have connected
(I have a request/response protocol that they use). The odd thing is
that this isn't a consistent issue. It doesn't seem to be load based
but appears to be random.

I'm running on a Win2k system using WebLogic v7.0 sp2. Its not an
http issue at all (there is no http portion of my app) so I'm at kind
of a loss. Any one have any ideas ? What exactly does "Connection
aborted by peer" mean ? btw - the line of code it fails on is this:

try
{
// aryToClient is a byte array
objOutStream.write(aryToClient);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
System.err.println ("error writing to client is: " +
e.getMessage());
}

Any ideas ?

thanks,