Connection closed exception

Simon

I'm having some difficulties with a Web Service I am developing.

The following exception occurred when I moved the Web Service from my
development machine (Win XP SP2 VS.NET 2003) to a test server
(Win 2003 IIS 6):

- System.InvalidOperationException

Message: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error
occurred on a receive.

The original exception is:

- System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception {System.Net.Sockets.SocketException}

Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote
host
Native code: 50004

The exception does not occur right away but after about 3 minutes of
processing

After searching through this group I found that it might have something
to do with the KeepAlive settings of the WebRequest.
I did override the GetWebRequest method to make sure that KeepAlive was
set to false but it did not fix the problem.

We use ISA Server 2000 as a Proxy and the proxy settings on the client
are set to bypass the proxy for the server name and the server address.

IIS does not seem to realize that an exception occurred since it
continues processing the request.

I now think that two things could cause this exception is caused by ISA
Server, forcibly closing the connection after some preset timeout.

If it is the case where is this setting for this in ISA Server ?
Simon

Simon

Thanks to to good poeple at Microsoft, I found the solution.

It was simply due to the connection tomeout improperly set in the
virtual directory.

It was set to a value higher then 65535 seconds which is the upper
limit and defaulted to 120 seconds.

Unfortunatly you can only know the value is invalid when you look at
the event log after restarting IIS.

Simon