connection fail with ppm

jhhan

Hello,
PPM>search pty claimed always
Error connecting to'http://ppm.ActiveState.com/dgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPMServer'.

and I tried
ppm>search pty
Searching in Active Repositories
No matched for ;pty'; see 'help search'.

ppm>rep add active http://www.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.plex?urn:/PPMServer
Error: 500 Can't read entity body: Unknown error at
C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84

line 84 of Repository.pm is my $soap_result = $client->ppm_protocol;

Is anyone who can help me?

Thanks
JH

James Willmore

On 9 Dec 2003 20:39:50 -0800
PPM>search pty claimed always
Error connecting
to'http://ppm.ActiveState.com/dgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPMServe
r'.

and I tried

ppm>search pty
Searching in Active Repositories
No matched for ;pty'; see 'help search'.

ppm>rep add active
http://www.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.plex?urn:/PPMServer
Error: 500 Can't read entity body: Unknown error at
C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84

line 84 of Repository.pm is my $soap_result = $client->ppm_protocol;

Is anyone who can help me?

1) _update_ PPM and/or Perl - they *may* be out of date (I think that
was what I got when using an outdated version of Perl sometime back)

2) check the ActiveState knowledgebase to see what they have to say
about it.

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
Documentation is the castor oil of programming. Managers know it
must be good because the programmers hate it so much.