connection fail with ppm

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by jhhan, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. jhhan

    jhhan Guest

    Hello,

    >ppm

    PPM>search pty claimed always
    Error connecting to'http://ppm.ActiveState.com/dgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPMServer'.

    and I tried

    >ppm3

    ppm>search pty
    Searching in Active Repositories
    No matched for ;pty'; see 'help search'.

    ppm>rep add active http://www.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.plex?urn:/PPMServer
    Error: 500 Can't read entity body: Unknown error at
    C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84

    line 84 of Repository.pm is my $soap_result = $client->ppm_protocol;

    Is anyone who can help me?

    Thanks
    JH

    jhhan, Dec 10, 2003

  2. On 9 Dec 2003 20:39:50 -0800
    (jhhan) wrote:

    > >ppm

    > PPM>search pty claimed always
    > Error connecting
    > to'http://ppm.ActiveState.com/dgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPMServe
    > r'.
    >
    > and I tried
    >
    > >ppm3

    > ppm>search pty
    > Searching in Active Repositories
    > No matched for ;pty'; see 'help search'.
    >
    > ppm>rep add active
    > http://www.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.plex?urn:/PPMServer
    > Error: 500 Can't read entity body: Unknown error at
    > C:/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84
    >
    > line 84 of Repository.pm is my $soap_result = $client->ppm_protocol;
    >
    > Is anyone who can help me?

    1) _update_ PPM and/or Perl - they *may* be out of date (I think that
    was what I got when using an outdated version of Perl sometime back)

    2) check the ActiveState knowledgebase to see what they have to say
    about it.

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    Documentation is the castor oil of programming. Managers know it
    must be good because the programmers hate it so much.

    James Willmore, Dec 10, 2003