Connection OK with ActiveSync - not OK with VS2003

Michel Couche

Hello,

I have a Dell Axim that is recognised OK by ActiveSync 3.7.1. and when I
start the PC, synchronisation is done automatically with no problem.
However, when I test a project with VS2003, I get a connection failed
message "Cannot establish a connection. Be sure the device is physically
connected to the development computer"

In case it can help to solve my problem, the network connection is OK
because I can surf on the Internet with the Pocket PC via my laptop

Thanks in advance,

Michel

Jean-Luc David [MVP]

Hi Michel,

You can try downloading the Windows CE Utilities for
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Add-on Pack 1.1. It fixes
common ActiveSync problems:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7EC99CA6-2095-4086-B0CC-7C6C39B28762

If that doesn't do the trick, there is a thread on OpenCF
Forums with a couple of suggestions for fixes:
http://www.opennetcf.org/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=305

I hope this information is useful.

Thanks,
Jean-Luc David