    "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=SERVER_NAME;User ID=sa;Password=;Database=DB_NAME"

    If not, what is the difference if I use connection pool and not in user and programmer point of views??

    Million Thanks..

    Grey, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Connection pooling is the default for SQL Server. If you use the Sql Client
    the pooling key on the command line allows you to turn off pooling if you
    don't want it, but it's on by default. You can also set the size of the
    connection pool.

    With OleDb the pooling is handled by the Sql Server OleDb driver. I'm not
    sure if you can control pooling with the connection string or not, but it is
    enabled by default.

    +++ Rick ---

    --

    Rick Strahl
    West Wind Technologies

    "Grey" <> wrote in message
    is the connection pooling mechanism set default in the normal connection
    string, i.e.

    Rick Strahl [MVP], Apr 20, 2004