<<< Connection Problem with SQL Server + C#.Net on Local Area Network >>>

gndzkdr

hi all,

i m new on Sql and i have a project related to C# and Sql.

i have to do a project which must work on LAN, and there must be only
one database file on main computer(Server Computer) and other
computers(client computers) must connect database on main computer.

i m preparing my project on my personal computer(it is called MYCOMP)
and doing connection with wizard. then it doesnt work on other
computers(works only my personal computer). when i done connection with
wizard .Net create a connection code like below....

// sqlConnection1
//
this.sqlConnection1.ConnectionString = "workstation id=MYCOMP;packet
size=4096;integrated security=SSPI;data source=MYCOM" +
"P;persist security info=False;initial catalog=migros";

i think, because of taking my computer's name in connection string it
doesnt work on other computers...

what can i do for this problem :((((((((

please write me a solution as soon as possible...( i have only 15 days
to hand over and still couldnt start to write my codes, otherwise i
cant graduate....)

PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!!!!!

thnks for now......

sloan

Are you using "Sql Server" ?

"sql" is not "Sql Server" ...just so you know for future questions.

go to

www.connectionstrings.com

there is an oledb connection string example... switch out to that one.

You also need to understand how logins/users are added to "sql server".

Try the alternate connection string first, then repost if you still need
help.

jcrince

Have you given the program an account to use the database? If you are
going to give a program access to a database like SQL Server or Oracle
you will also need to give the program an account to use. The account
name will be different depending on the system and how authentication
is configured. You need to be specific on the database, OS and how
authentication is setup.