<<< Connection Problem with SQL Server + C#.Net on Local Area Network >>>

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by gndzkdr@gmail.com, Apr 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hi all,

    i m new on Sql and i have a project related to C# and Sql.

    i have to do a project which must work on LAN, and there must be only
    one database file on main computer(Server Computer) and other
    computers(client computers) must connect database on main computer.

    i m preparing my project on my personal computer(it is called MYCOMP)
    and doing connection with wizard. then it doesnt work on other
    computers(works only my personal computer). when i done connection with
    wizard .Net create a connection code like below....

    // sqlConnection1
    //
    this.sqlConnection1.ConnectionString = "workstation id=MYCOMP;packet
    size=4096;integrated security=SSPI;data source=MYCOM" +
    "P;persist security info=False;initial catalog=migros";

    i think, because of taking my computer's name in connection string it
    doesnt work on other computers...

    what can i do for this problem :((((((((

    please write me a solution as soon as possible...( i have only 15 days
    to hand over and still couldnt start to write my codes, otherwise i
    cant graduate....)

    PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!!!!!

    thnks for now......

    , Apr 3, 2006

  2. Try this:

    ConnectionString = "Server=MYCOMP;Integrated
    Security=True;Database=migros;Persist Security Info=False;"

    --
    Christopher A. Reed

    Christopher Reed, Apr 4, 2006