Connection settings for SQL Server 2000

Calvin Slater

It is recommended that the following settings be set for all
connections so that the optimizer will perform well on indexed views
and stuff.

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
SET ARITHABORT ON
SET CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL ON
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET ANSI_PADDING ON
SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON
SET NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT OFF

I am using ASP.NET and SqlClient. What is the best method ensure
these settings on each connection? I am not always able to control
the settings from the server side since some clients already have
restrictions on how these should be set.

Thanks

bruce barker

use stored procs, and build the procs with these settings. if the proc uses
dynamic sql, explicitly set in the sp.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)