connection string in web.config error

Matt

I added the connection string in web.config as follows:

<appSettings>
<add key="connString" value="Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=False;Initial Catalog=MY_DATABASE;Data Source=IP_ADDRESS" />
</appSettings>

In mypage.aspx.vb page, I open the connection with connString variable:

Dim conn As New SqlConnection(connString)

But it has compile error:
name 'connString' is not declared.

Any ideas?

Andrew de la Harpe

System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["connString"]

will return it

Consider creating a class that returns your connection string. That way if
later you decided to change your method of storing the string, the change is
simple.

Andrew