connection string over TCP/IP - is trusted auth possible?

Dan Walls

Hi,

Is it possible to use trusted authentication (ie. Integrated security) over
a TCP/IP connection between two servers (one is my IIS web server - the
other is my database SQL server)??

the connection string in my web.config looks like this:

"Network Library=DBMSSOCN; Integrated Security=SSPI; Persist Security
Info=False; Initial Catalog=MYDB; Data Source=192.168.0.1:1433"

Thanks,
Dan

Ken Schaefer

Yes - it is possible. Just remember that the user account that connection is
using must be one that is able to connect to the SQL Server (eg if you are
using Anonymous IIS access, then the user account that is being impersonated
by IIS must be an account that has permissions to login to the SQL Server -
usually this would require a domain account)

Cheers
Ken

: Hi,
: