    is causing the error message? Its pretty impossible to debug when i can't
    even figure out how to reproduce the problem to begin with. Any insight
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Josh Brown, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Josh Brown

    Josh Brown Guest

    I might add that this error doesn't happen very often.

    "Josh Brown" <> wrote in message
    > I have some code setup that emails me with details when an error occurs.

    The
    > database i am connecting to is in MS Access 2000... the error i get is:
    >
    > "ExecuteReader requires an open and available Connection. The connection's
    > current state is Open, Executing."
    >
    > Is this actually an error? I've never had the clients call and complain
    > about having problems. I've never been able to reproduce it myself. Might

    it
    > have anything to do with the fact that the application is running on a
    > shared server and other applications may be using Access? i understand

    that
    > Access allows only a certain number of connections at a time, so maybe

    this

    Josh Brown, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Josh Brown

    Guest

    sounds like its using an object pool for connections. is it possible
    that this only happens during high connection traffic?

    If there is a factory responsible creating these connection objects
    maybe it needs to make more available because it sounds like the
    connection object your are being passed back is already in use or is
    bunk and needs to be reset.

    -Adam

    , Jun 15, 2004