Connection to database

RedRed

Hi all,

Hi to connect to database if I want to write the code in
the class instead in the html (.aspx). What I want to do
is to create a reusable class which allow the other page
to connect using one class.

Thanks all

Manohar Kamath

I think you have answered this yourself -- add a class to your project,
which connects to the database, and perhaps returns a connection object that
all pages can re-use.

// Define a class
public class MyConn
{
// This is the internal member to hold connection
SqlConnection _conn = null;

// Create a connection in the constructor
public MyConn()
{
// Create a connection in this constructor
}

// This is the public property
public SqlConnection Connection
{
get
{
return _conn;

Hope that helps.

Guest

Hi,

As Manohar pointed out, you can add a class to your project and proceed.

Another way would be to create a wrapper class for the methods provided by
the framework. Make an assembly (a .dll file) and reference it. This is in
case you have a 3 tier architecture and needs to access the data access
methods a lot..

A sample can be like this...

Create a static class like DataBase and have a private static connection
string

private static string sConnectionString = The connection string

You can then have methods like this for filling up datatable / dataset. You
can also have for ExecuteNonQuery and any others you need.

public static DataTable ExecuteDataTable(SqlCommand command)
{
using (SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(command))
{
command.Connection = GetConnection();
DataTable dt = new DataTable();
da.Fill(dt);
return dt;

Just another approach...

HTH,

Need any help, do post a msg back..

Happy coding

Manohar Kamath

Good idea, also: Instead of using a static variable, store the connection
string in web.config to make it portable, and if need be encrypt it using
asp setreg utility.

Juan T. Llibre

That sounds fine.

I'd be wary of calling it a "wrapper", though,
to prevent confusion between that and Interop.