    hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
    database through C program"? I asked sevaral people. Nobody give right
    answer. Please send me how can i do that.

    sabarish, Aug 3, 2005

  2. sabarish

    Alex Fraser Guest

    "sabarish" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
    > database through C program"?

    By using a platform- and/or database-specific API, which makes the question
    off-topic in comp.lang.c.

    Alex

    Alex Fraser, Aug 3, 2005

  3. sabarish

    sabarish Guest

    sir which is on Windows 2000 Advanced Server O.S and i need a
    connection to Oracle 8i

    sabarish, Aug 3, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    sabarish <> wrote:
    >sir which is on Windows 2000 Advanced Server O.S and i need a
    >connection to Oracle 8i

    How nice for you.

    Kenny McCormack, Aug 3, 2005
  5. Google for oracle proc precompiler.

    JaYmZ

    James T. Sprinkle, Aug 3, 2005
  6. "sabarish" <> writes:
    > hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
    > database through C program"? I asked sevaral people. Nobody give right
    > answer. Please send me how can i do that.

    Please tell all the other people who were given the same homework
    assignment that comp.lang.c is not the place to ask this question.
    Thank you.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 3, 2005
  7. In article <K%5Ie.6$>,
    James T. Sprinkle <> wrote:
    >Google for oracle proc precompiler.
    >
    >JaYmZ

    Thanks, but no thanks.

    Kenny McCormack, Aug 3, 2005
  8. The problem is, of course, that there's no right answer.

    The C language specifies no method for connecting to databases. Perhaps
    there are APIs for particular enviornments that implement functions to
    connect to databases, but those will likely vary quite a bit depending on
    the platform in question and even the database that you are interested in
    connecting to.

    In short, your question has no general answer. Consult your database and
    platform documentation for more information.

    --
    Remove '.nospam' from e-mail address to reply by e-mail

    James McIninch, Aug 4, 2005
  9. Who asked you for your opinion?

    James T. Sprinkle, Aug 4, 2005
  10. sabarish

    Alan Balmer Guest

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:43:44 GMT, "James T. Sprinkle"
    <> wrote:

    >Who asked you for your opinion?

    I'd say you invited it when you told him to"Google for oracle proc
    precompiler". Why did you think he would want to do that? Or didn't
    you know who you were replying to? BTW, don't top-post.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting

    Alan Balmer, Aug 4, 2005
  11. In article <AQpIe.8$>,
    James T. Sprinkle <> wrote:
    >Who asked you for your opinion?

    You did - in your reply to my post.

    As Al noted:
    1) Be careful who you are replying to.
    2) Don't top-post.

    Note that violation of #2 makes it hard to avoid violating #1.
    Pity the top-posting fools...

    Kenny McCormack, Aug 4, 2005
  12. sabarish

    Jasen Betts Guest

    In article <>, sabarish wrote:
    > hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
    > database through C program"? I asked sevaral people. Nobody give right
    > answer. Please send me how can i do that.

    assuming it's some sort of SQL....
    open a telnet (or other TCPIP) connection to the apropriate port.
    check youre favourite TCPIP libraries documentation for details
    on how to doo this from C.

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Aug 5, 2005
  13. Jasen Betts <> writes:
    > In article <>,
    > sabarish wrote:
    >> hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
    >> database through C program"? I asked sevaral people. Nobody give right
    >> answer. Please send me how can i do that.

    > assuming it's some sort of SQL....
    > open a telnet (or other TCPIP) connection to the apropriate port.
    > check youre favourite TCPIP libraries documentation for details
    > on how to doo this from C.

    Please don't answer off-topic questions. There are newsgroups that
    discuss databases; this isn't one of them. You're not doing the
    original poster any favors by posting advice that the rest of us can't
    check.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 6, 2005