Connection to the database

sabarish

hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
database through C program"? I asked sevaral people. Nobody give right
answer. Please send me how can i do that.

Alex Fraser

sabarish said:
hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
database through C program"?

By using a platform- and/or database-specific API, which makes the question
off-topic in comp.lang.c.

Alex

sabarish

sir which is on Windows 2000 Advanced Server O.S and i need a
connection to Oracle 8i

Keith Thompson

sabarish said:
hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
database through C program"? I asked sevaral people. Nobody give right
answer. Please send me how can i do that.

Please tell all the other people who were given the same homework
assignment that comp.lang.c is not the place to ask this question.
Thank you.

James McIninch

The problem is, of course, that there's no right answer.

The C language specifies no method for connecting to databases. Perhaps
there are APIs for particular enviornments that implement functions to
connect to databases, but those will likely vary quite a bit depending on
the platform in question and even the database that you are interested in
connecting to.

In short, your question has no general answer. Consult your database and
platform documentation for more information.

Alan Balmer

Who asked you for your opinion?

I'd say you invited it when you told him to"Google for oracle proc
precompiler". Why did you think he would want to do that? Or didn't
you know who you were replying to? BTW, don't top-post.

Kenny McCormack

Who asked you for your opinion?

You did - in your reply to my post.

As Al noted:
1) Be careful who you are replying to.
2) Don't top-post.

Note that violation of #2 makes it hard to avoid violating #1.
Pity the top-posting fools...

Jasen Betts

hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
database through C program"? I asked sevaral people. Nobody give right
answer. Please send me how can i do that.

assuming it's some sort of SQL....
open a telnet (or other TCPIP) connection to the apropriate port.
check youre favourite TCPIP libraries documentation for details
on how to doo this from C.

Keith Thompson

Jasen Betts said:
assuming it's some sort of SQL....
open a telnet (or other TCPIP) connection to the apropriate port.
check youre favourite TCPIP libraries documentation for details
on how to doo this from C.

Please don't answer off-topic questions. There are newsgroups that
discuss databases; this isn't one of them. You're not doing the
original poster any favors by posting advice that the rest of us can't
check.