ConnectionString IBM DB2

Necqui Teja

I'm looking for an ASP.NET 2.0 sample ConnectionString for my web.config
file that utilizes the IBM DB2 for iSeries .NET Provider ( prefix iDB2...)
I'm using VS2005 Beta 2. I've added reference to it to my project, however,
I can't find any reference of it when I try to create a new Dataset.xsd and
choose New Connection...
I realize that I'm using a Beta version, but was wondering if anybody had
any success with any workaround.

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Guillermo_Gonz=E1lez_A.?=

Hi Necqui,

Maybe this can help you:
"Provider=IBMDA400;Data source=myAS400;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword"Guillermo G.

Guillermo González Arroyave :: MCP ASP.Net C# :: DCE4

I'm looking for an ASP.NET 2.0 sample ConnectionString for my web.config
file that utilizes the IBM DB2 for iSeries .NET Provider ( prefix iDB2...)
I'm using VS2005 Beta 2. I've added reference to it to my project, however,
I can't find any reference of it when I try to create a new Dataset.xsd and
choose New Connection...
I realize that I'm using a Beta version, but was wondering if anybody had
any success with any workaround.

Necqui Teja

No. This uses the old OLE DB connection. I'm trying to use the new .NET
managed provider.

see: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246440.html

"Guillermo González A." <gugonzar(arroba)epm.net.co> wrote in message
Hi Necqui,

Maybe this can help you:
"Provider=IBMDA400;Data source=myAS400;User
Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword"Guillermo G.

Guillermo González Arroyave :: MCP ASP.Net C# :: DCE4

I'm looking for an ASP.NET 2.0 sample ConnectionString for my web.config
file that utilizes the IBM DB2 for iSeries .NET Provider ( prefix iDB2...)
I'm using VS2005 Beta 2. I've added reference to it to my project,
however,
I can't find any reference of it when I try to create a new Dataset.xsd
and
choose New Connection...
I realize that I'm using a Beta version, but was wondering if anybody had
any success with any workaround.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Necqui,

Just have a search over the net, seems the IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries provider
provider's connection string is not quite popular there. I've found some
simple ones mentioned in the following guide:

#Integrating DB2 Universal Database for iSeries with Microsoft ADO .NET
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:gWviV9_NkbAJ:www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbook
s/pdfs/sg246440.pdf+.net+connectionstring+IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries+provider&hl=e

For detailed specification , I suggest you try searching in the IBM's
develperworks site.

Hope helps. Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support