Connectionstring User and Password Not Being Used

Guest

Hi,

Got a real problem here and I can't figure it out. I set up the connection
string to my database in my web config file, do it right by the book, and
retreive it using the
ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("string").ConnectionString property. I
assign the string to the sqlConnection.ConnectionString, I even print it back
to make sure this is the one its using.

But then when I try to open the connection, I get a SqlClient error "Login
Failed for user Machine\ASPNET."

I'm at my wit's end, what is it I am not doing that will get ASPNET out of
my connection and make the SqlClient start using the Uid and Pwd (even tried
User ID and Password) instead?

HELLPPPP!!!!

Jim

Guest

BTW, setting up the ASPNET account in the database is not an option. On my
development machines it works fine because after the ASPNET is rejected it
rolls over to user my own Windows log on. Unfortunately, I am posting a web
application to a service provider, and they won't put the ASPNET account into
the database users for me.

Jim

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

the userid and pawwrod is only used with sqlserver standard security. to
use, enable standard security on sqlsever, add a user and password. give
them rithgts. then in the connect string do not specify trusted or
intergrated security.

Guest

You are the man! To think one little phrase created all those problems.
Appreciate the help!

Jim