Considering moving from Delphi to Python [Some questions]

Dark Cowherd

Hi,

We program in Delphi in our shop and are generally very happy with it.
We are now looking at cross-platform options especially for middle
tier and web server.

I have been doing a lot of reading and testing of Python, I am falling
in love with the language :)

But seems to be be very difficult for what I am trying to do :-(

So looking for advise here
We would like to work as following.

Front ends in Delphi.
Middle tier in Python working as SOAP servers:
Serious work on Twisted needed here ?elementree? are there any other
options. Lots of learning to do. Doesnt seem to be simple way to do
this.

Most of our applications are business applications so we basically we
want to do a lot of data entry forms including entry in grid like
interfaces etc. At this point i am looking at nevow with twisted.
Again lot of learning to do here.

darkcowherd

flamesrock

The curve may take a while, but I'd definately recommend it.

While you're at it, why not switch th front end to python too?