    extremely grateful.

    Thanks

    Nick.
    Nick, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Hi Nick,

    Take a look at MasterPages; here[1] you'll find lots of useful links to it.

    [1] http://weblogs.asp.net/vga/archive/2003/05/20/7334.aspx

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am wondering what people do to achieve a consistent look and feel for
    > their websites? Does anybody here do anything similar to the Composite

    View
    > design pattern, where a view renderer effectively reads a configuration

    and

    Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], Jan 14, 2004

  3. Nick

    Michael Guest

    This all goes away with Whidbey and Master Pages, but for now I'm doing
    something like this

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/page_templates.asp

    Michael, Jan 14, 2004
  4. I'm using the same method, which works well, though the auto tag completion
    doesn't seem to work in HTML view of ASPX pages. Probably because the
    <HTML> tags have been put into the basepage. Sometimes this means that I
    end up developing stuff on a test page which derives from the normal
    System.Web.UI.Page class (and includes the HTML tags), before moving it into
    another aspx page which derives from my custom base page (eg.
    Mun.Web.UI.Template), where the HTML tags are in the template page.

    Do you get the same behaviour, and/or any ideas to get around the tag
    completion problem?

    Cheers,

    Mun

    --