Console from GUI?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Bilal, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Bilal

    Bilal Guest

    Hello,

    I've built a tiny interpreter for a tiny programming language.
    The program has a GUI that enables the user to write his code in a
    text-box and then run the program.
    The language contains two instructions:

    read <variable>
    write <expression>

    To achive these two instructions I'm thinking of a text-based console.

    How can I create a console from within a frame-based GUI porgram?
    How can I then deal with the in and the out?

    I'm using Borland's JBuilder so for now, I can use the "Messages" Panel
    to cope with writing...

    I'm running both Windows and Linux.

    Is there a swing bean that emulate exactly the console (DOS for
    example)?

    Thanks in Advance.
    Bilal, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Bilal
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've built a tiny interpreter for a tiny programming language.
    > The program has a GUI that enables the user to write his code in a
    > text-box and then run the program.
    > The language contains two instructions:
    >
    > read <variable>
    > write <expression>
    >
    > To achive these two instructions I'm thinking of a text-based console.
    >
    > How can I create a console from within a frame-based GUI porgram?
    > How can I then deal with the in and the out?
    >
    > I'm using Borland's JBuilder so for now, I can use the "Messages" Panel
    > to cope with writing...
    >
    > I'm running both Windows and Linux.
    >
    > Is there a swing bean that emulate exactly the console (DOS for
    > example)?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.

    Is this ok?:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=java console

    --
    Heiner Kuecker
    Internet: http://www.heinerkuecker.de http://www.heiner-kuecker.de
    Heiner Kücker, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Bilal

    Bilal Guest

    Ja, Vielen Dank.
    Bilal, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Bilal

    Ann Guest

    "Bilal" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've built a tiny interpreter for a tiny programming language.
    > The program has a GUI that enables the user to write his code in a

    HER code :) or in Japan (-_-)

    Ann, Dec 21, 2004