Console from GUI?

Bilal

Hello,

I've built a tiny interpreter for a tiny programming language.
The program has a GUI that enables the user to write his code in a
text-box and then run the program.
The language contains two instructions:

read <variable>
write <expression>

To achive these two instructions I'm thinking of a text-based console.

How can I create a console from within a frame-based GUI porgram?
How can I then deal with the in and the out?

I'm using Borland's JBuilder so for now, I can use the "Messages" Panel
to cope with writing...

I'm running both Windows and Linux.

Is there a swing bean that emulate exactly the console (DOS for
example)?

Thanks in Advance.

Heiner Kücker

Bilal
Hello,

I've built a tiny interpreter for a tiny programming language.
The program has a GUI that enables the user to write his code in a
text-box and then run the program.
The language contains two instructions:

read <variable>
write <expression>

To achive these two instructions I'm thinking of a text-based console.

How can I create a console from within a frame-based GUI porgram?
How can I then deal with the in and the out?

I'm using Borland's JBuilder so for now, I can use the "Messages" Panel
to cope with writing...

I'm running both Windows and Linux.

Is there a swing bean that emulate exactly the console (DOS for
example)?

Thanks in Advance.

Is this ok?:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=java+console

--
Heiner Kuecker
Internet: http://www.heinerkuecker.de http://www.heiner-kuecker.de

Ann

Bilal said:
Hello,

I've built a tiny interpreter for a tiny programming language.
The program has a GUI that enables the user to write his code in a

HER code :) or in Japan (-_-)