constants in global.asa

Evertjan.

Patrice wrote on 07 feb 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Here it looks Evertjan is not really after constants but after
configuration variables that are defined outside the application an
read only inside in the application.

I wouldn't know where I was after.
Certainly not something "external" to an apllication.
I am not the OP, I thought you where, Patrice?

The only point I wanted to make was, that constants used to have a
compiling advantage in the old days,
and nowadays they only are an additional bonus against programming
mistakes, the usefulness of which is very limited in small scale
programming on an asp page.

In larger programming tasks however,
seperate constants and also option explicit are very usefull.