Constructing a URI that uses a stream as input

Qu0ll

I am wishing to use the JMC class MediaProvider in an applet. The
constructor for this class takes a URI which points to the content file
which is fine if the media file concerned lives in the WAR that delivers the
applet as it's simple to construct a URI using getCodeBase() and the media
file name. But what if you want to deliver content that comes from another
location outside the WAR context such as through a stream of some kind? Is
there a way to construct or use a URI so that it will get its data from a
stream such as a servlet output stream? Or can you think of another way to
deliver dynamic content such as could be used by MediaProvider in an applet?

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
(e-mail address removed)