constructing complex SOAP requests in javascript using Mozilla API

igobonk

I'm creating a javascript client (actually a Firefox plugin) that talks
to a webservice. I've been able to successfully consume some of the
simpler methods and now I'm trying to access some of the more complex
methods. The method that I'm trying to access now requires three
parameters: two objects (arrays) and a null string. I've tried
building my request as follows:

var tc = new Array();
tc[0] = new SOAPParameter(value,name);
tc[1] = new SOAPParameter(value,name);
tc[2] = new SOAPParameter(value,name);

var jp = new Array();
jp[0] = new SOAPParameter(value,name);
jp[1] = new SOAPParameter(value,name);
jp[2] = new SOAPParameter(value,name);

var params = new Array();
params[0] = new SOAPParameter(jp,name);
params[1] = new SOAPParameter(tc,name);
params[2] = new SOAPParameter('',name);

var soap_call = new SOAPCall();
soap_call.transportURI = "http://host:port";
soap_call.encode(0, "method_name","namespace", 0, null, params.length,
params);
var response = soap_call.invoke();

When I try this I get nothing. No error - nothing. However, if I
simplify it and just create three dummy vars in the 'params' array,
then I at least get an error.

I guess my basic question is: how does one go about building complex
SOAP requests in javascript, using the Mozilla API.

Thanks in advance for any responses.