Constructor on type System......WebControl not found

Mike Owen

I have just tried to open a the
file "Controls/CreateEditPost.cs" from within Visual
Studio .Net, and the error message:
'An error occurred while loading the document. Fix the
error, and then try loading the document again. The
error message follows: An exception occurred while trying
to create an instan of
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl. The exception
was "Constructor type
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl not found" '

This file is used in the Forums Starter Kit, and I have
not changed it.

Any idea what the problem can be?

As an aside I searched for and found the
file 'webcontrol.cs' on my development PC, but when I
load it into Visual Studio to have a look at it, the '[!'
characters in the line:
'namespace [!output SAFE_NAMESPACE_NAME]' are underlined
with the Build Error 'Identifier expected' shown - Is
this causing a problem?

Thanks, Mike.

MSFT

Hi Mike,

You need to replace the string [!output SAFE_NAMESPACE_NAME] with a real
namespace name like:

MyNameSpace

You may try this to see if the error will be removed.

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Mike Owen

I changed the namespace and it makes no difference - On
closer inspection, this file is in a Folder called
VC#Wizards, and looking at the
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl class, this looks
nothing like it!

I will email you the code that is causing the problem.
It is as it is supplied with the Forums Starter kit.

It seems like it might be a problem with the .Net base
code, and I might need to upgrade the version of .Net
that I have on my development PC? - What do you think?

Thanks, Mike.