Consume 2.0 webservice with VS2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Roel, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. Roel

    Roel Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm running a ASP.NET 2.0 webservice and when I consume it with an ASP.NET
    2.0 webapp everything works fine.

    When I try to access it with an ASP.NET 1.1 webapp I get the folowing error:

    <exception>
    The XML element named '' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/' is
    already present in the current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another
    XML name or namespace for the element.

    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The XML element named
    '' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/' is already present in the
    current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another XML name or namespace
    for the element.

    </exception>

    This error does not occur when I access the ASP.NET 2.0 webservice running
    on the test-server so it seems like it's a configuration-difference on the
    production-server.

    Anyone got a clue?

    Greetings,
    Roel

    Roel, Jun 23, 2006

  2. Roel

    Guest

    Have you solved this? I have the same problem and I can't figure it
    out.

    Bill

    Roel wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm running a ASP.NET 2.0 webservice and when I consume it with an ASP.NET
    > 2.0 webapp everything works fine.
    >
    > When I try to access it with an ASP.NET 1.1 webapp I get the folowing error:
    >
    > <exception>
    > The XML element named '' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/' is
    > already present in the current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another
    > XML name or namespace for the element.

    > Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The XML element named
    > '' from namespace 'http://mynamespace.goes.here/' is already present in the
    > current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another XML name or namespace
    > for the element.
    >
    > </exception>
    >
    > This error does not occur when I access the ASP.NET 2.0 webservice running
    > on the test-server so it seems like it's a configuration-difference on the
    > production-server.
    >
    > Anyone got a clue?
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Roel

    , Jul 5, 2006

  3. Roel

    Roel Guest

    The problem was the DataTable which was returned by the webservice. When I
    altered this to a DataSet object, it works in VS2003 and VS2005.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306134

    Kind regards,
    Roel

    Roel, Jul 6, 2006