    Any pointers would be most appreciated.

    Thanks

    Griff
    GriffithsJ, Jan 19, 2004

  2. GriffithsJ

    GriffithsJ Guest

    Just to confirm, the "web service" that I'm calling is on a completely
    different web server. "execute" or "transfer" therefore won't work.

    Griff
    GriffithsJ, Jan 19, 2004

  3. GriffithsJ

    Joe Fawcett Guest

    "GriffithsJ" <> wrote in message
    > Just to confirm, the "web service" that I'm calling is on a completely
    > different web server. "execute" or "transfer" therefore won't work.
    >
    > Griff

    Try typing http://www.someHost.com/service.asp?wdsl into your browser, you
    should get a complicated xml description of the service. If so you can use a
    number of tools to access the service, there are hundreds of examples on the
    web. Search google for 'soapClient30' for instance. Here is one example
    http://www.asp101.com/articles/jeremy/googlespell/default.asp. If not you
    can see what format the results are in by entering the url into the browser
    if it returns xml then a good choice is using msxml2.xmlhttp.4.0 class for
    accessing and parsing results. See
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/xmlsdk/htm/sdk_intro_6g53.asp?frame=true for the sdk.

    --
    Joe