Consuming External WSD (WebReference), Missing a few types

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Will Gillen, May 7, 2008.

  1. Will Gillen

    Will Gillen Guest

    I have a new VB.NET project, and I am trying to add a web reference to
    the following WSDL:
    http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/xml/DWMLgen/wsdl/ndfdXML.wsdl

    The web reference is installed in the project, but I notice that
    several Types are missing. Most are there, but a few that use
    <xsd:pattern...> are missing.
    Example, this type is in the WSDL, but missing from the generated
    wrapper in my VB.NET project:

    <xsd:simpleType name="listLatLonType">
    <xsd:restriction base='xsd:string'>
    <xsd:pattern value="[\-]?\d{1,2}\.\d+,[\-]?\d{1,3}\.\d+( [\-]?
    \d{1,2}\.\d+,[\-]?\d{1,3}\.\d+)*" />
    </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleType>

    Any ideas why?

    I can run methods whose responses should be returning data in the form
    of "listLatLonType", but since I have no matching type in my project,
    I can only see the return values as type String (which is in SOAP
    xml).

    How can I over come this problem without having to write an xml
    parser?

    Thanks.
    Will Gillen, May 7, 2008