Consuming .net web services from VC++6 windows client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Raj, Oct 10, 2003.

  1. Raj

    Raj Guest

    Hi,
    I have a simple question but I cant seem to find the answer
    anywhere.
    We are building a webservice using .netv1.1. This webservice will be
    used to feed data to windows client application, that our customers
    will be using. This application is written in VC++6. I read a little
    about the MS-SOAP toolkit but not used it.

    My question is
    1) what is the model to allow the windows client to consume the web
    services. Since it is in non .net, I suspect it will understand
    anything about the proxy class that is generated.
    Initially I thought of implementing it in HTTP-GET method. But read
    that it was inefficient. Can someone give an example of a SOAP request
    from windows client to the server and how to implement that request??

    If you can point me to a pattern/Example, it would be very helpful

    Thanks
    Raj
    Raj, Oct 10, 2003