Consuming webservice problem

jerommeke

I have created the sample webservice HelloWorld
when I try to instantiate it from either a console app or a windows
forms app I get the following runtime exception

An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occurred
in system.web.services.dll

Additional information: Method not found: Void
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.set_ProhibitDtd(Boolean).

I wonder what could be wrong here...

erymuzuan

make sure your web service proxy is current to the implementation, try
to invoke it using a web browser 1st.

regards
erymuzuan mustapa

jerommeke

It is current to the implementation. I have completely reinstalled my
system and it still doesn't work, the same error keeps occurring.

On different computers it does work.