    --
    -- Thom Little -- www.tlanet.net -- Thom Little Associates, Ltd.
    --
    Thom Little, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Thom Little

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hello Thom,

    You can open other ASP.NET project in VS .NET IDE, Click Project/Add Web
    Reference, and enter the url for your web service. VS. NET will add a web
    reference to the project and genrate a proxy class. Also the url can be
    dynamic and you can specify other url in code like:

    service.Url="http://myserver/myapp/CountService.,asmx"

    Hope this help,

    Luke
    [MSFT], Mar 24, 2005

  3. First of all, I would separate them into two different projects -- since
    they are logically separate. This will also help you deploy the web service
    by itself. To deploy, you could compile the web service project, and do an
    xcopy (minus the .cs files).

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    "Thom Little" <> wrote in message
    > I wrote a webservice that will be called from websites hosted on seven
    > different servers.
    >
    > The test consumer for this application (Consume.aspx) accesses the
    > information from the web service (CountService.,asmx) correctly.
    > Consume.aspx was compiled in the same project as CountService.asmx.
    >
    > What do I have to do to make CountService.asmx available to other
    > application not compiled with it and perhaps running on servers remote

    from

    Manohar Kamath, Mar 24, 2005
  4. Thom Little

    Thom Little Guest

    Thank you both. I am, once again, thrashing.

    I created separate projects for the service and the consumer.

    In the consumer I added a web reference for the service.

    The consumer simply has ...

    string strRequest = "http://www.tlatla.net/index.asp" ;
    CountServices csWork = new localhost.CountServices( );
    lblResult.Text = strRequest + " <> " + csWork.Count( strRequest ) ;

    Passing a string and returning a string.

    I get a not found error on the Count.Services statement and am too ill
    educated to correct it. Can you point me (again) in the right direction.
    Perhaps you can recommend an article that documents simple sting consumption
    in C#?

    Thom Little, Mar 25, 2005
  5. Thom Little

    [MSFT] Guest