ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

Brynn

yep, your right ... I thought I could be the system ... LOL

I am going to be stuck with just blocking whole words ...

arsehole, and biitch and unlimited variations are going to pass
anyway, so I may has well, just give it up ...

Maybe I need to write a script ...

Dim userIntent

If IsOK(userIntent) Then
send.message
Else
send.electricity.through("UserComputerID")
End If

ROFL

My contact form will be available for easy implemenation in a couple
days.

Mispelling ruined it all ... otherwise I had the excptions list down
to 800 words for the 50 badwords I had ... I would have had 26 strings
.... by letter ... and checked only the array with that start letter
... etc...

but assumme isn't going to pass that ... so I scratch it

UNLESS ...

does anyone have a dictionary database like mine, but includes all of
the ways to incorrectly spell a word ... ROFLMAO

Brynn

This goes to the point I was trying to make. You would be better off making
a complete list of "bad" words, and ONLY banning those words when they exist
as whole words, and not part of other words.

Regards,
Peter Foti

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Roland Hall

:
: I disagree with your initial warning. The words you have down below are
: immature, not mature at all.
:
: Gotta admit I laughed at the fat joke, though. Guess I'm not mature.

I guess it can work both ways. I colored outside the lines except for
passing bad words in the name, email, etc. I thought the whole idea was to
limit abuse and you can be abused with more than bad words in a dictionary.

Ex.

kiss my (_!_)

I'm sure this will pass the filter. (O:=

Brynn

LOL ... yeah, I think the bad words filter is going to be the first
project I have ever scrapped ... LOL I could only do words with a
space before and after the word ...

I can't do an exceptions list, in case someone puts assumme when
assume is in the exceptions list and assumme is not ... etc, etc...

So the idea is dead. However, I am going to still be putting the
contact me form (class) up, with the code to easily implement it into
peoples own sites ... it includes the CSS to change colors and font so
it can be matched up with anyones site

Also instructions on how to use it with ....

messages stored in a text file ...

or ...

messages sent to you with ASPEmail, CDONTS, or ASPMail components ...
it is INCREDIBLY easy to set this up ... just a couple lines of code
... it uses my Email_Handler script I am posting in 2 seconds =)

:
[...]

Looks like you need a synonyms check also. Perhaps just accepting audio and
then convert it to text and then test. Wonder what kind latency and
processing utilization is involved in that?

: I can't do an exceptions list, in case someone puts assumme when
: assume is in the exceptions list and assumme is not ... etc, etc...

You'd have to add a spelling checker. Is that overkill for a contact form?

: So the idea is dead. However, I am going to still be putting the
: contact me form (class) up, with the code to easily implement it into
: peoples own sites ... it includes the CSS to change colors and font so
: it can be matched up with anyones site
:
: Also instructions on how to use it with ....
:
: messages stored in a text file ...
:
: or ...
:
: messages sent to you with ASPEmail, CDONTS, or ASPMail components ...
: it is INCREDIBLY easy to set this up ... just a couple lines of code
: .. it uses my Email_Handler script I am posting in 2 seconds =)

Nothing wrong with that.

I took a different approach on a contact form. I create a random generated
hex code, based on date and time, etc. and then email you a message with a
link that passes that code. That code has been stored in a database and if
you don't click on the link and finish the process within a certain time
frame, the code and your message are removed from the database. If you do
process it, then the message is then emailed to me, your name is stored in
the database with other identifying information and you do not have to go
through this process anymore if you're sending from the same computer.

You also cannot run the form offsite nor can you inject SQL code into it.

I wrote it as a spam catch so I wouldn't get constant BS in my inbox because
I get enough already. So, if anyone wants to bitch me out, at least through
that interface, I know a little bit about them. They are not completely
anonymous.

--
Roland

This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
or fitness for a particular purpose.
-Technet Knowledge Base-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0
-Technet Script Center-