    A a;

    list.push(a);

    Have a nice day!
    sh, May 4, 2010

  2. sh wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > knows someone a library for container classes like lists, maps, etc.
    > which is implemented without heap usage (no dynamic memory usage at
    > all). Example

    What would it use instead?
    Vladimir Jovic, May 4, 2010

  3. sh

    sh Guest

    On May 4, 2:01 pm, Vladimir Jovic <> wrote:
    > sh wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > knows someone a library for container classes like lists, maps, etc.
    > > which is implemented without heap usage (no dynamic memory usage at
    > > all). Example

    > What would it use instead?

    The classes likely have to provide some stuff required by the
    particular container. The example indicates this with the Node member
    of class A. In C you have something similar available via <sys/
    queue.h> in FreeBSD for example.
    sh, May 4, 2010
  4. sh wrote:
    > On May 4, 2:01 pm, Vladimir Jovic <> wrote:
    >> sh wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> knows someone a library for container classes like lists, maps, etc.
    >>> which is implemented without heap usage (no dynamic memory usage at
    >>> all). Example

    >> What would it use instead?

    > The classes likely have to provide some stuff required by the
    > particular container. The example indicates this with the Node member
    > of class A. In C you have something similar available via <sys/
    > queue.h> in FreeBSD for example.

    You can take a look at stl port - it might have that option.
    Vladimir Jovic, May 4, 2010
  5. sh

    gpderetta Guest

    Take a look at boost.intrusive.

    --
    Giovanni P. Deretta
    gpderetta, May 4, 2010
  6. sh

    sh Guest

    On May 4, 4:47 pm, gpderetta <> wrote:
    [...]
    > Take a look at boost.intrusive.
    >
    > --
    > Giovanni P. Deretta

    Thanks a lot, this was exactly the thing I needed.
    sh, May 4, 2010
  7. Chris M. Thomasson, May 4, 2010
  8. sh

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Tue, 2010-05-04, sh wrote:
    > On May 4, 2:01 pm, Vladimir Jovic <> wrote:
    >> sh wrote:
    >> > Hi,

    >> > knows someone a library for container classes like lists, maps, etc.
    >> > which is implemented without heap usage (no dynamic memory usage at
    >> > all). Example

    >> What would it use instead?

    > The classes likely have to provide some stuff required by the
    > particular container. The example indicates this with the Node member
    > of class A. In C you have something similar available via <sys/
    > queue.h> in FreeBSD for example.

    OK, but then it's not not a container class -- it doesn't really own
    the things it "contains", nor manage their lifetimes.

    Might be useful, but it's not a container.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .