Content-Disposition Attachment Header causes IE to ask twice to open a file

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sergio Juan, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Sergio Juan

    Sergio Juan Guest

    Hi.

    I have a servlet that downloads a file from a remote server using
    user if he wants to open the file or save it. If he chooses to save it,
    everything is fine, but if he chooses to open it, IE asks againt the user if
    he wants to open or save the file.
    Is this a normal behaviour in IE? Is there any workaround? I am working with
    an IE 6.0, and the code in the servlet is :

    OutputStream binout = response.getOutputStream();
    response.setContentType("APPLICATION/OCTET-STREAM");
    response.setHeader("Content-Disposition",
    "attachment; filename=\"" + f.getName() + "\"");

    readRemoteFileBin(fileLocation, binout);

    TIA.
    Sergio Juan, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Sergio Juan

    mohammad.h.ashmawi

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    URGENT REPLY FOR CONTACT YOU WITH ALL MY FULL CONFIDENT TO DO THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTI

    FROM MOHAMMAD HASSAN. ASHMAWI
    GENERAL BANK VICE CHAIRMAN {CIB}.
    8 El (NR-Es): Street,Egypt
    FAX: (02) 268 34114 Zamalek town
    2107 EGYPT CAIRO.
    FROM VICE CHAIRMAN COMMERCIAL INTERNATIONAL BANK{C.I.B.EGY}LTD
    TEAM-BRANCH.EGYPT THIS IS AN OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF FUNDS DEPOSITED IN (COMMERCIAL INTERNATIONAL BANK EGYPT)LTD

    RE-TRANSFER OF PSĀ£6,000,000,00 {SIX Million British Pound's Sterling}

    DEAR FRIEND, IN YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
    My Name is Mr. Mohammad Hassan. Ashmawi General Bank Vice Chairman, and I work in the International Operation
    Department in a Bank here in Egypt. I was on a routine inspection
    that I discovered a dormant domiciliary account with a BAIL. Of ( SIX Million British Pound) on further discreet investigation, I also discovered that the account holder has passed away (dead) leaving no beneficiary to
    the account. The bank will approve this money to any foreigner because the former operator of the a/c is a foreigner. I am certainly sure
    that nobody will come again for the claim of this money. A foreigner can only claim this money with legal claims to the account Holder;
    therefore I need your cooperation in this transaction. I will provide all the necessary information needed in order to claim this money,

    hoping in God that you will never let me down now or in future. I have discussed this with the bank manager and he has
    instructed me to look for a foreigner who will be trusted and capable to handle this transaction so that we can transfer this money out of
    Egypt. I guarantee that this will be executed under a concrete special arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.If you can be
    trusted and capable to handle this business with me in full confidence & trust, please send me the following information for documentation purpose.

    (1). Full names:..............................
    (2). Nationality:...................................
    (3). Private phone Numbers:........................
    (4). private Email Address:............................
    (5). Current residential Address:......................
    (8). Your Full Banking Details:.........................

    MR MOHAMMAD H. ASHMAWI
    My Personal TEL: 0020112172765
    I'm looking forward to hear from you.
    Kind Regards.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND CO-OPERATION.
    YOURS SINCERELY,MANAGEMENT CUSTOMERS RELATIONS/SERVICES.
    mohammad.h.ashmawi, Apr 29, 2011