Content-Disposition Attachment Header causes IE to ask twice to open a file

Sergio Juan

Hi.

I have a servlet that downloads a file from a remote server using
user if he wants to open the file or save it. If he chooses to save it,
everything is fine, but if he chooses to open it, IE asks againt the user if
he wants to open or save the file.
Is this a normal behaviour in IE? Is there any workaround? I am working with
an IE 6.0, and the code in the servlet is :

OutputStream binout = response.getOutputStream();
response.setContentType("APPLICATION/OCTET-STREAM");
response.setHeader("Content-Disposition",
"attachment; filename=\"" + f.getName() + "\"");

readRemoteFileBin(fileLocation, binout);

TIA.

Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
URGENT REPLY FOR CONTACT YOU WITH ALL MY FULL CONFIDENT TO DO THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTI

FROM MOHAMMAD HASSAN. ASHMAWI
GENERAL BANK VICE CHAIRMAN {CIB}.
8 El (NR-Es): Street,Egypt
FAX: (02) 268 34114 Zamalek town
2107 EGYPT CAIRO.
FROM VICE CHAIRMAN COMMERCIAL INTERNATIONAL BANK{C.I.B.EGY}LTD
TEAM-BRANCH.EGYPT THIS IS AN OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF FUNDS DEPOSITED IN (COMMERCIAL INTERNATIONAL BANK EGYPT)LTD

RE-TRANSFER OF PS£6,000,000,00 {SIX Million British Pound's Sterling}

DEAR FRIEND, IN YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
My Name is Mr. Mohammad Hassan. Ashmawi General Bank Vice Chairman, and I work in the International Operation
Department in a Bank here in Egypt. I was on a routine inspection
that I discovered a dormant domiciliary account with a BAIL. Of ( SIX Million British Pound) on further discreet investigation, I also discovered that the account holder has passed away (dead) leaving no beneficiary to
the account. The bank will approve this money to any foreigner because the former operator of the a/c is a foreigner. I am certainly sure
that nobody will come again for the claim of this money. A foreigner can only claim this money with legal claims to the account Holder;
therefore I need your cooperation in this transaction. I will provide all the necessary information needed in order to claim this money,

hoping in God that you will never let me down now or in future. I have discussed this with the bank manager and he has
instructed me to look for a foreigner who will be trusted and capable to handle this transaction so that we can transfer this money out of
Egypt. I guarantee that this will be executed under a concrete special arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.If you can be
trusted and capable to handle this business with me in full confidence & trust, please send me the following information for documentation purpose.

(1). Full names:..............................
(2). Nationality:...................................
(3). Private phone Numbers:........................
(4). private Email Address:............................
(5). Current residential Address:......................
(8). Your Full Banking Details:.........................

MR MOHAMMAD H. ASHMAWI
My Personal TEL: 0020112172765
I'm looking forward to hear from you.
Kind Regards.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND CO-OPERATION.
YOURS SINCERELY,MANAGEMENT CUSTOMERS RELATIONS/SERVICES.