Content Disposition Problem with IE

Ramjee Tanguturi

Hi,

I face this peculiar problem. I have an export to excel functionality
in my ASP.NET application. I set the Response.ContentType and Content
Disposition properties of the page as

Page.Response.ContentType="application/vnd.ms-excel";
Page.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition",
"filename=Results.xls");

This page has data displayed on a grid.

Now when I open this page, it prompts for Open / Save… which is what I
want exactly. When I click on Open it opens the excel in IE… This is
Fine. But when I choose Save option, it opens the Save Dialog box
where I select the destination folder, click on save to save the file.
But the page that opened initially whose COntentType and AddHeader
have been set to open in Excel does not close automatically, rather it
displays the "Action Cancelled" error. My requirement is, once I
choose to save, it should close the page and not show "Action
Cancelled".

Any pointers on this would be of great help.

Thanks Much,
Ramjee